Ash, Surrey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ash, Surrey family history and genealogy research page. Guide to parish registers (baptisms, christenings, marriages, and burials), civil registration (births, marriages, and deaths), census records, history, wills, cemetery, online transcriptions and indexes, an interactive map and website resources.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records.
Link to the Family History Library Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Ash
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
From 1846-1869 see Farnborough registration district
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474666.
See Surrey Census
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Surrey Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Ash Surrey Wikipedia Normandy Surrey Wikipedia
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 77-81. Date accessed 5 February 2013. Adapted.
- ↑ London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Ash in Parishes Not In A Borough. Indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Ash in Parishes Not In A Borough. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Ash in Parishes Not In A Borough. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Ash in Parishes Not In A Borough. Partially indexed.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Surrey Coverage in FreeReg, FreeREG, accessed 14 April 2012.
- ↑ 'Surrey Marriage Index - Parishes in the index,' British Origins, accessed 18 September 2012.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 11 April 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Surrey,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 11 April 2012.
- ↑ 'About Surrey and South London Will Abstracts 1470-1858,' Origins.net, accessed 27 June 2012.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More