Ash, Surrey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
From 1846-1869 see Farnborough registration district
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records.
Link to the Family History Library Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Ash
See Surrey Census
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Surrey Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ Ash Surrey Wikipedia Normandy Surrey Wikipedia
- ↑ A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis (1848), pp. 77-81. here.
- ↑ London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Ash in Parishes Not In A Borough. Indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Ash in Parishes Not In A Borough. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Ash in Parishes Not In A Borough. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Ash in Parishes Not In A Borough. Partially indexed.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 11 April 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Surrey,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 11 April 2012.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More