Ashburn Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Center is located in the Ashburn Virginia Stake Center at the corner of Claiborne Parkway and Ashburn Farm Parkway. The staff are all volunteers and welcome everyone who is interested in learning about their ancestors.
Center Contacts and Hours:
Location & Map:
21015 Claiborne Parkway, Ashburn, Va
Entrance is on the side facing Ashburn Farm Parkway.
- Monday closed
- Tuesday 9:30 am - 12 noon; 7 pm - 9:30 pm
- Wednesday 7 pm - 9:30 pm
- Thursday 9:30 am - 12 noon
- Friday 9:30 am - 12 noon
- Saturday 2nd & 4th 9:30 am - 12 noon
Closed Independence Day 3-5 July 2012, Thanksgiving 21-24 November 2012, and Winter Break 24 December 2012-1 January 2013.
In case of inclement weather we follow Loudoun County School guidelines.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Books: We have a small collection of genealogy reference books including The Source, Redbook, Handybook for Genealogists, Map Guide to the US Federal Censesus 1790-1920, language dictionaries, and atlases.
- Extended Film: We have several hundred assorted films for all states and many countries including Benevento, Campania, Campobasso, and Caserta, Italy.
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 9 computer workstations with internet and printer access
- 4 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- 1 flatbed scanner
- 1 digital microfiche/film reader/scanner able to save to CD or flashdrive
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Thomas Balch Library 208 West Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176, 703-737-7195
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More