Ashdon, Essex GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
'Ashdon (All Saints), is a village in Saffron Walden district, Essex, and a parish chiefly in that district and county, but partly also in Linton district, Cambridgeshire. They have a Baptist chapel.'
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241368.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (London and Edinburgh, 1870). Digital version at Vision of Britain.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 3 March 2012.
- ↑ Batches C035961-C035962, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Essex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 April 2012.
- ↑ 'Essex Parish Record Transcripts,' The Genealogist, accessed 10 March 2012.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Essex Coverage in FreeReg, FreeREG, accessed 15 April 2012.
- ↑ "Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county," Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011; Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists Enterprises Ltd., 1994). FHL Book 942 K22L 1994
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 11 April 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Essex,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 23 April 2012.
- ↑ 'Essex Parish registers collection 1538 on Familyrelatives.com,' Family Relatives, accessed 12 March 2012. Derived from Phillimore Marriage Indexes.
- ↑ Batch M035962, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Essex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 April 2012.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News