Asheville North Carolina Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 3401 Sweeten Creek Road, Arden North Carolina
- We are in the LDS Church Building across Rosscragon Road from BB Barns. Drive to the back of the building where there is a row of parking. We are in the glass door on the ground floor; through the small lobby and the glass door on your left is the main entrance to the FHC. We will be glad to see you and help in any way we can.
- Location on Map
- Tuesday: 9 AM - 3:30 PM
- Wednesday: 5 PM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday: 12 noon - 4 PM
- Friday: 1 PM - 5 PM
- Saturday: 2 PM to 6 PM
- (We are open two Saturdays a month, usually the 1st and 3rd, except no Saturdays in December; please call to verify which Saturdays we are open in a particular month.)
- Closed any day Buncombe County Schools are closed because of bad weather.
Holiday Schedule: Closed Friday and Saturday before Easter; Closed July 4th; Closed the week of Thanksgiving. Closed two weeks for Christmas.
Calendar and Events
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Local Collections: We have about 1500 microfilms in the center on indefinate loan from the SLC FH Library. they include quite a few from NC and other Eastern US states.
- We have many Genealogical Journals (about 60 types) such as New England Historical and Genealogical Register, The Connecticut Nurmegger, NGS Journals, etc.
- We have books about North and South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Germany and other localities.
- We have over 100 Family and Personal Histories.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. We can also access Ellis Island Information and info from other ports.
- Hardware and Equipment This Center has 5 computers for use by the public. One of them is connected to a Microfilm Scanner so that you can save immages to a flash drive or make a print. We also have an old Reader/Printer that still makes good copies.
- We have 5 Microfilm Readers and half dozen MicroFiche Readers.
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff who can help with German, Gulf South States, Dutch New York Finger Lakes Regional, and general beginning research.
Adding details to a FHC page article.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News