Ashland, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ashland was incorporated as a town from Township 11 R5 WELS in 1862. The name was changed to Dalton, Maine in 1869, but changed back again in 1876.
Buchanan Plantation was created for election purposes from Township 12 R5 WELS in 1860. Sheridan Plantation was organized from Township 12 R5 WELS in 1873, 1878, 1896, and 1900. In 1901 it was annexed to Ashland, Maine.
Libraries and Historical Societies
- ↑ Ashland, Aroostook County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 15 September 2013).
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 69 (digital p. 78). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, 103 (digital p. 112).
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 04:06.
- This page has been accessed 1,285 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News