Asker, Akershus, Norway GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Microfilms at the Family History Library for Asker prestegjeld (clerical district). The parish registers exist from 1726. Asker prestegjeld contains parish registers from Asker (Ascher) parish and the parishes Østre Bærum (Haslum) and Vestre Bærum (Tanum; Bryn) until 1894.
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
- 1660's: Microfilm of census records available at the Family History Library for Asker prestegjeld (clerical district).
- An extraction of the 1663-1664 census for Asker clerical district in Akershus county, Norway.
- Fogdernes og sorenskrivernes manntall 1664-1666. This census was taken by the local civil authorities. It lists the names of the farms, farmowners (including widows), sons of farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and sons of cottagers and the age of each person. The clerical authorities took a census during this same time period. Both censuses should be used as they supplement each other. The clerical census is more complete.
- Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666. This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is more complete.
- 1801: The 1801 census (b. 6) for Asker clerical district includes Asker, Østre and Vestre Bærum parishes. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation.
- 1825: The 1825 census for the parishes Østre Bærum and Vestre Bærum and Asker in Asker clerical district.
- 1835: The 1835 census for Asker clerical district in Akershus county, which includes Aker, Vestre Bærum and Østre Bærum parishes. Includes the farmnames, name of the people (often in order of head of houshold, his wife, children, servants and their families etc.), sex, occupation, and some miscellaneous information.
1656-1901: Records are found in Aker judicial district.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News