Aston Cantlow, Warwickshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
ASTON-CANTLOW (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Alcester, Stratford division of the hundred of Barlichway, S. division of the county of Warwick, 4 miles (N. E. by E.) from Alcester. This place appears to have derived the adjunct to its name from the family of Cantelu, or Cantelupe, of whom William de Cantelupe received from Henry III.
The parish is intersected by the river Alne, on the left bank of which the village is situated. The Stratford canal also passes through. The chapel of St. Andrew, Wilncote, was built in the year 1841.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464169.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.