Atchison County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a northeastern Kansas County. For other uses, see Atchison.
|This Kansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Atchison County; 423 N 5th St; Atchison, KS 66002; Ph. 758.367.1653 Details: (Co Clk has b rec 1891-1906 & d rec 1891-1911; City Clk has b & d rec from 1911; Clk Dis Ct has div rec; Mag Ct has pro rec; Reg of Deeds has land rec)
1855--Atchison County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Atchison 
Early migration routes to and from Atchison County, Kansas for European and African American settlers included:
- Men from Atchison County enlisted in 1st Infantry Regiment, Company A.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Atchison County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More