Atchison County, Missouri GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a northwestern Missouri County. For other uses, see Atchison.
Guide to Atchison County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Atchison County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||February 23, 1843|
|County Seat||Rock Port|
|Address|| Atchison County Courthouse|
P.O. Box 280
400 South Washington Street
Rock Port, MO 64482
Telephone: (660) 744-6214
Atchison County Website
County Recorder has marriage and land records;
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records;
County Clerk has birth records 1883-1893; Probate
Judge has probate records
1843--Atchison County was created 23 February 1843 from Holt County. County seat: Rock Port Atchison County was originally named Allen County when it was formed in 1843. It was renamed Atchison, County in 1845.
See an interactive map of Atchison County border changes at N2Genealogy.com.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Fremont County, Iowa
- Nemaha County, Nebraska
- Otoe County, Nebraska
- Page County, Iowa
- Richardson County, Nebraska
For tips on accessing Atchison County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
A Biographical History of Nodaway and Atchison counties, Missouri compendium of national biography (1901) is available online free from Google Books. Part I contains biographies of national celebrities. Part II (starts on p.219) contains biographies of Atchison and Nodaway county residents.
- Map of Atchison County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Atchison County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
Early migration routes to and from Atchison County, Missouri Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Atchison County, Missouri. Page 397 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map I" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap1.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News