Attala County, MississippiEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Attala County Courthouse
230 W Washington Street
Kosciusko, MS 39090-0000
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records.
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce, probate
and land records and old newspapers. 
1833--Attala County was created 23 December 1833 as part of the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Kosciusko 
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Attala County, Mississippi census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Attala served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Attala County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry Reserves
- Company F - Shipp’s Company
- - 2nd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry [became the 48th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry]
- Company - Rocky Point Rifles, aka Rocky Point Rifle Company
- - 48th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry [from the 2nd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry]
- Company B - Rocky Point Rifles, aka Rocky Point Rifle Company
- - 4th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company B - Attala Yellow Jackets
- Company K - Center Marksmen
- - 5th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company E - Love’s Company
- Company I - Turner’s Company
- - 11th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company C - Buford’s Company
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Mississippi Genealogy and History Network — Attala County
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Attala County, Mississippi page 378, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback