Auburn, OregonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Founded 13 June 1862, when William H. Packwood along with Ed Cranston and George Hall called a meeting to plat the area that became Town of Auburn.
The area was settled following the discovery of the gold in the Griffin Gulch nearby. Today only trace of Auburn is a field of washed stones in the Blue Canyon.
Auburn was Baker County's first county seat before a daring raid by town leaders of Baker City in 1875 taking the county records and moved to Baker City.