Aurskog, Akershus, Norway GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Microfilm at the Family History Library Den Norske kirke. Aurskog prestegjeld (clerical district). Contain parish registers for Aurskog (Urskog) and Blaker parish in Aurskog (Urskog) Clerical District. Records exists from 1707-1926.
Images of the church records online at Digitalarkivet [Digital Archives].
- 1660's Microfilm of census records available at the Family History Library for Aurskog prestegjeld (clerical district).
- 1663-1666 census for Aurskog. Fogdernes og sorenskrivernes manntall 1664-1666. This census was taken by the local civil authorities. It lists the names of the farms, farmowners (including widows), sons of farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and sons of cottagers and the age of each person. The clerical authorities took a census during this same time period. Both censuses should be used as they supplement each other. The clerical census is more complete.
- 1663-1666 census for Aurskog. Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666. This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is more complete.
- 1701: Manntall 1701 : optatt av fogderi, sorenskrivere og sogneprester ifølge kongebrev av 26 Juli 1701. The census of 1701 was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. Also includes the residence of all unmarried males living away from home when the census was taken.
- 1801: The 1801 census (b. 7) for Aurskog clerical district includes Aurskog and Blaker parishes. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation.
- 1865: This census for Aurskog clerical district contains the persons name, residence, status in the family, occupation, sex, martial status, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Each book usually contains one clerical district (prestegjeld). In some books there are two clerical districts recorded. The parishes and school districts in each clerical district are listed at the beginning of each book.
- 1875: This 1875 census for Aurskog clerical district contains the persons name, residence, position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information.
1680-1853: Records are found in Nedre Romerike judicial district.
1719-1807: Clerical probate records are found in Nedre Romerike deanery.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News