Baca County, Colorado GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Baca County Courthouse
741 Main Street
Springfield, CO 81073-1548
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1889:
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court
records from 1910
- Before 1861 the extreme western edge of this modern Colorado county was in New Mexico.
- 9 January 1852 it was created part of Taos County in New Mexico Territory. 
- 1 February 1860 it became part of Mora County.
- 28 February 1861 it was transferred to Colorado  (1 Nov 1861 Huerfano County).
- Look for pre-1861 records in New Mexico. For further explanation see Taos County.
Places / Localities
- Cimarron County, Oklahoma
- Las Animas
- Morton County, Kansas
- Stanton County, Kansas
- Texas County, Oklahoma
- Union County, New Mexico
For tips on accessing Baca County, Colorado Genealogy census records online, see: Colorado Census.
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Baca County Public Library
1260 Main Street
Springfield, CO 81073
Phone: (719) 523-6962
Baca County Historical Society
901 Santa Fe Dr.
Springfield, CO 81073
Family History Centers
- Baca County COGenWeb
- Family History Library Catalog
- Baca County, Colorado Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 97, Baca County, Colorado. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 William Thorndale and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publ., 1987), 52. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 X2th.
- ↑ Brief County Histories (New Mexico) in RootsWeb (accessed 21 June 2012).
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Colorado Territory" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopeida at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Territory (accessed 19 June 2012).
- ↑ Adrian B. Ettlinger, AniMap 3.0 : with SiteFinder U.S. place name database (Alamo, Calif.: Gold Bug, 2008), Colorado 1861 map. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL CD-ROM no. 4903.
- ↑ Handybook, 99, Huerfano County, Colorado.