Baker County, Florida GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a northeast Florida county. For other uses, see Baker.
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Baker County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||February 8, 1861|
Baker County Courthouse
339 E MacClenny Avenue
MacClenny, FL 32063-2100
County Judge has marriage and probate records
Circuit Court has divorce and court records from 1880
1888 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
( * indicates an incorporated city or town )
- Glen Saint Mary*
- Macclenny* (county seat)
- Manns Spur
- Pine Top
- Charlton County, Georgia
- Clinch County, Georgia
- Ware County, Georgia
For tips on accessing Baker County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
The 1885 Florida State Population Census includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture, manufacture and mortality.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Baker County:
- October 16-18, 1863 = Olustee, also known as Ocean Pond
Map showing Civil War battles in Florida.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- MacClenny Florida Family History Center
- MacClenny, Florida
- The Baker County FLGenWeb Project, a member of The FLGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Baker County FLGenWeb Project, Inc<
- Baker County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Baker County, Florida. Page 133 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 26 June 2012).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News