Balestrand (Tjugum), NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Microfilm at the Family History Library cover the years 1834-1934 for Balestrand clerical district.
For earlier records see Leikanger clerical district.
Digital images are online at Digitalarkivet.
- Fogdernes og sorenskrivernes manntall 1664-1666. The 1664-1666 census for Balestrand clerical district was taken by the local civil authorities and include the parishes of Balestrand, Fresvik, Feios, Leikanger and Vangsnes. This census is available on microfilm at theFamily History Library.
- 'Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666.'' 1664-1666 census for Balestrandclerical district was taken by the 'local parish priests and include the parishes of 'Leikanger, Fresvik, Feios, Vangsnes, Balestrand and Fjæreland. It is available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
- Folketelling 1 Feb 1801, Norge. The 1801 census for Balestrand clerical district include the parishes of Leikanger, Fresvik, Feios, Balestrand, Vangsnes and Fjærland. This census is avaialble on microfilm at theFamily History Library; as well as online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
- 1845 folketelling for Leikanger prestegjeld (Sogn og Fjordane). The 1845 census forBalestrand include the parishes of Feiås (Rinde), Fjærland (Mundal), Vangsnes, Leikanger (Fresvik) and Balestrand (Tjugum). These records contain mainly statistical information and are available on microfilm at the Family History Library
- Folketælling31 December 1865. The 1865 census forBalestrand include the parishes ofBalestrand, Fjærland and Vangsnes and is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. It is also available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives); as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre.
1698-1882: Probates may be found in Ytre Sogn judicial district.
1766-1810: Clerical probates may be found in Sogn Deanery.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More