BanatEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Banat was a region located in south part of Austria-Hungary Empire, in the area of what is now Croatia, Serbia, Romania in addition to Hungary.
Sanktandres (Sinandrei, Timis County, Romania)
Maps of Hungary, 1910 in Maygar language of Hungary
- History of German Settlements in Southern Hungary by Sue Clarkson, with bibliography
- DANUBE-SWABIANS / DONAUSCHWABEN Extensive list of Resources for the study of Donauschwaben Genealogy
- DONAUSCHWABEN IN THE BANAT Genealogy Resources for the Donauschwaben in the Banat, including the Arader Land
- Donauschwaben Heritage Society Preserves the Donauschwaben heritage and the Donauschwaben communities around the world
- Remembering Our Donauschwaben Ancestors Publishes historical and genealogical information on the Donauschwaben villages and provides a repository of information specific to Donauschwaben genealogy.
- The Working Group of Danube-Swabian Researchers (AKdFF) The "Working Group of Danube Swabian Family Researchers" or in German, "Arbeitskreis donauschwaebischer Familienforscher" is a society of over 700 members with headquarters in Sindelfingen, Germany, and specializing in Donauschwaben genealogy research. The goal of most researchers is to find the ancestors who were the original settlers in southern Hungary, and to find out where they lived in the old German states prior to migration
- The Federation of East European Family History Societies (FEEFHS) Serves all ethnic groups, religious groups and genealogists with East European ancestors
- GenealogyRO Group is a Genealogical Research & Probate Investigations Group with full research capabilities for Romanian Banat, Transylvania, and Romania. Our belief is that genealogical research must be stimulated in this corner of the World. In these Web pages everybody is invited to check our contributions in achieving this purpose.
- Donauschwaben Genealogical Data Index
- David Dreyer’s Ship Extraction Database of the Banat Emigration from Banat including name extractions
- Donauschwaben Village List
- Homeland association of the Banaters (in German)
- Institut für donauschwäbische Geschichte und Landeskunde (IDGL) (in German)
- Donauschwäbisches Zentralmuseum (in German)
- Donauschwäbische Ortsmonographien (in German)
- Familienforschung im Banat (in German)
- Banater Zeitung (in German)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback