Baraga County, Michigan
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 69:||Line 69:|
== References ==
== References ==
Revision as of 22:16, 28 September 2008
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
1. "The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America", 10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).
- City: none
- Villages: Baraga . L’Anse
- Townships: Arvon . Baraga . Covington . L’Anse . Spurr
- Communities: Alberta . Arnheim . Assinins . Aura . Bear Town . Covington . Herman . Huron Bay . Imperial Heights . Keweenaw Bay . Nestoria . Pelkie . Pequaming . Skanee . Three Lakes . Tioga . Tunis . Vermilac . Watton . Zeba
P.O. Box 567
Baraga, MI 49908
PHONE: (906) 353-8444 or (906) 353-6810
The Baraga County Historical Museum has a complete record of all BIRTHS, MARRIAGES, DEATHS, in Baraga County from 1875 to 1950s. For information prior to 1875, records of birth, marriages and deaths would be in the Houghton County files. The Museum also has a large photograph collection that may be copied for families searching for their roots.
The Museum also has the Strieter scrapbook which was Mrs. Strieter’s collection of photographs and newspaper clippings of all babies born in her birthing home. This book unfortunately has been badly vandalized and is not available to the general public for review; however, Museum volunteers will search it for you.
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Baraga County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
1875--Baraga County was created from Houghton County. The county seat is L'Anse1
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More