Barbados For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 04:00, 29 July 2012 by Murphynw
Barbados For Further Reading
- Chandler, M.J. A Guide to Records in Barbados. Oxford: Blackwell, 1965. FHL Collection 972.981 A3ch
- Digital Library of the Caribbean (DLOC) by the University of Florida. Includes digitised Barbados histories, maps, newspaper clippings, etc.
- Grannum, Guy. Tracing Your West Indian Ancestors: A Public Record Office Readers' Guide. 2nd ed. Richmond, Surrey, Eng.: Public Record Office, 2002. FHL Collection 942 D27gg 2002. Information about tracing West Indian (including Barbados) ancestors in the English National Archives.
- Handler, Jerome S. A Guide to Source Materials for the Study of Barbados History, 1627-1834. Carbondale, Ill.: Southern Illinois University Press, 1971. FHL Collection 972.981 H23h
- Mitchell's West Indian Bibliography: Caribbean Books and Pamphlets, From 1492 to the Present. Free online resource.
- Radford, Dwight A. and Arden C. White. "The Irish in Barbados," The Irish at Home and Abroad: A Newsletter of Irish Genealogy and Heritage, Vol. 2, No. 3 (1994/1995):92-97. FHL Collection 941.5 D25ih v. 2 (1994/1995)
- Society of Genealogists - Overseas Resources: West Indies, online bibliography.
- Lane, Geraldine. Tracing Ancestors in Barbados: A Practical Guide. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub. Co., 2006. FHL Collection 972.981 D27L
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More