Barry County, Michigan GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Barry County Courthouse
220 W State St.
Hastings, MI 49058
Phone: (269) 945-1285
Barry County; 220 W State St; Hastings, MI 49058; Ph. 616.948.4810 Details: (Attached to St. Joseph & Kalamazoo Cos prior to organization 15 Mar 1839) (Co Clk has b & d rec from 1867, m rec from 1839, div rec from 1869 &U ct rec from 1845; Pro Ct has pro rec; Reg of Deeds has land rec) www.barrycounty.org/
1829--Barry County was created 29 October 1829 from unorganized territory. It was attached to St. Joseph and Kalamazoo Counties prior to organization 15 March 1839. County seat: Hastings 
- City: Hastings
- Villages: Freeport | Middleville | Nashville | Woodland
- Townships: Assyria | Baltimore | Barry | Carlton | Castleton | Hastings | Hope | Irving | Johnstown | Maple Grove | Orangeville | Prairieville | Rutland Charter | Thornapple | Woodland | Yankee Springs
- Communities: Assyria | Banfield | Cloverdale | Coats Grove | Delton | Dowling | Hickory Corners | Lacey | Maple Grove | Prairieville | Quimby | Schultz
Civil War service men from Arenac County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Arenac County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Barry County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More