Barry County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Barry County; 700 Main St; Cassville, MO 65625; Ph. 417.847.2561 Details: (Fire in 1872 destroyed many rec in Cir Clk office) (Rec Deeds has m & land rec; Clk Cir Ct has div & ct rec; Pro Judge has pro rec)
700 Main, Suite 6
Cassville, MO 65625
Telephone: (417) 847-2914
See an interactive map of Barry County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
All of the cemeteries in Barry county Missouri are listed here: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mobarry/cemetery/rschcemtery.htm They also have directions to the cemeteries, photos of the cemeteries and photos of most of the head stones.
For tips on accessing Barry County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of Barry County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Barry County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Joplin newspapers and Neosho newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on residents from Barry County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).