Barry County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Barry County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Barry County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 5, 1835|
|Address|| Barry County Courthouse|
700 Main, Suite 6
Cassville, MO 65625
Telephone: (417) 847-2914
Barry County Website
Records Deeds has marriage and land records;
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records;
Probate Judge has probate records
See an interactive map of Barry County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
All of the cemeteries in Barry county Missouri are listed here: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mobarry/cemetery/rschcemtery.htm They also have directions to the cemeteries, photos of the cemeteries and photos of most of the head stones.
For tips on accessing Barry County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Family Maps of Barry County, Missouri (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Map of Barry County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Barry County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Joplin newspapers and Neosho newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on residents from Barry County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Barry County, Missouri. Page 397 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback