Bath County, Virginia Compiled GenealogiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Has anyone studied my Bath County, Virginia Genealogy before?
More than a dozen family history books and articles have been published about Bath County's families.
- Main article: Bath County, Virginia
Bath County, Virginia Genealogy Message Boards
- Bath County, VA Genealogy Forum, courtesy: GenForum. (0+ messages)
- Bath - Family History & Genealogy Message Board, courtesy: Ancestry. (0+ messages)
Bath County, Virginia Genealogy General Resources
The Katherine Bushman Papers, 1961-1997 at the Library of Virginia include files about Bath County families.
Bath County, Virginia Surnames (courtesy: Linkpendium) contains links to more than 45 online resources about this county's families, including compiled genealogies.
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Bath County families include:
- Hardesty, H.H. and James S. Presgraves. Rockbridge County and Bath County: Families & History; Reprinted from Hardesty's Historical and Geographical Encyclopedia, Chicago, etc., 1884. Wytheville, Va.: Bookworm & Silverfish, 2001. FHL Book 975.58 D2p.
- Watson, H. Lee. Summary of Records of Bath County, Virginia: Approximately 1850-1900. 4 vols. Sunland, Calif.: H.L. Watson, c2002. FHL Books 975.587 D2w v. 1-4. Includes Bath County, Virginia, compilation of families: based on birth, marriage and census records.
Bath County, Virginia Genealogy Books and Articles
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Ailstock] Heinegg, Paul. Free African Americans of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland and Delaware. 2005-present. - free online book.
- [Blackburn] Challacombe, W.A. The Benjamin Blackburn Family and Notes on Blackburns in America. Carlinville, Ill., 1942.
- [Blackburn] Wilson, Jim. "Benjamin Blackburn: Father of Patriots," Bulletin of the Watauga Association of Genealogists, Vol. 38, No. 2 (2009):153-156.
- [Bollar] Hammond, Howard Revercomb. History of the Bollar Family of Bath County, Virginia: The First Three Generations. Baltimore, Md.: Gateway Press, 2000. FHL 929.273 B638h
- [Coberly] Arthaud, John Bradley. "Dr. James Stell Coberly 18th Century Migrant from New Jersey to Virginia and Revolutionary Patriot," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 26, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1982):112-117; Vol. 26, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1982):183-189. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 26 (1982).
- [Cunningham] Harter, Mary. "James Cunningham of Western Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 29, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1985):9-16; Vol. 29, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1985):109-116. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 29 (1985).
- [Dilley] Jones, Thomas W. "Dilley of Northern Virginia and Ohio: A Proposed Solution Hanging on a Single Word," The American Genealogist, Vol. 79, No. 3 (Jul. 2004):220-227. FHL 973 D25aga.
- [Grimes] Dillon, Anna Mary Totten. The Grimes Family of Early Bath and Pocahontas Counties, VA. (W. Va.) and Their Descendants, 1770-1989. Columbus, Ohio: A. Dillon, 1989. FHL 929.273 G882d
- [Hamilton] Hamilton, Woodrow Clay. Alexander Hamilton (c1725-c1796) of Augusta and Bath Counties, Virginia His Descendants; Volume Two. Baltimore, Md.: Gateway Press, 1999. FHL 929.273 H18hwc
- [Hoover] Hoover, Henry Wise and Hoover B. Lide. Henry Wise Hoover of Carloover, Bath County, Virginia, 1859-1948 the Autobiography and History of the Life and Times of a Bath County Farmer, Teacher, Photographer, Merchant and Postmaster. Richmond, Va.: H.B. Lide, 1991. FHL 921.73 H769h
- [McDannald] Silk, Margaret. The McDannald's of Bath Co., Virginia Pedigree Chart. n.p.: M. Silk, 2009. FHL 929.273 M141sm
- [McDannald] Silk, Margaret. The McDannald's of Bath Co., Virginia and Their Allied Families. n.p.: M. Silk, 2009. FHL 929.273 M141s
- [Morris] Willson, Richard Eugene. Richard Morris and Jane Callison of Bath County, Virginia and Their Descendants 1740 - 1985. Ottawa, Illinois: R.E. Willson, 1985. FHL 929.273 M788w
- [Page] Rutherford, Dolores Crumrine. Page Family Records in Virginia Counties. 2 vols. Carmichael, Calif.: D.C. Rutherford, 1982-2006. FHL Book 929.273 P141rdc v. 2 [Bath County appears in Vol. 2 Part 1]
- [Popham] Burgess, Jane F. "John Popham (by 1757-1815/7) of Culpeper County, Virginia, and His Children," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 45, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 2001):299-304; Vol. 46, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 2002):57-64; Vol. 46, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 2002):119-125. Digital version at American Ancestors ($); FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 45 (2001).
- [Tackett] Lang, Mae Elizabeth. The Tackett-Fletcher Pioneers and Supplement. St. Joseph, Ill.: M.E. Lang, 1982? FHL Book 929.273 T119L.
- [Williams] Williams, George R. The Elisha Williams Sr. Family in Bath County, Virginia, 1707-1878. Microfilmed 1991. FHL Film 1697348 Item 11.
- [Wood] Wood, John A. Woods and Others in Bath County, Va. and Elsewhere. Cambridge, Mass.: J.A. Wood, 1996. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free; FHL Collection.