Bath Parish, Virginia

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
(Butterwood)
m
Line 27: Line 27:
 
== Websites  ==
 
== Websites  ==
  
*[http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=31054 Butterworth Chapel], The Historical Marker Database
+
*[http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=31054 Butterwood Chapel], The Historical Marker Database  
 
*[http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=26841 Sapony Episcopal Church], The Historical Marker Database
 
*[http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=26841 Sapony Episcopal Church], The Historical Marker Database
  

Revision as of 18:18, 28 February 2011

United States  Gotoarrow.png  Virginia  Gotoarrow.png  Bath Parish

Contents

History

Bath Parish has served Prince George and Dinwiddie counties. Sapony Church and Butterwood belonged to the parish.[1] Butterwood later became a Methodist Church.[2]

Founded

Boundary

Resources

Cemetery

Many graves at Sapony Church are described at Dinwiddie Co., GenWeb. Includes transcripts and photographs.

Ministers

  • Jarratt, Devereux and John Coleman. The Life of the Reverend Devereux Jarratt: Rector of Bath Parish, Dinwiddie County, Virginia. Printed by Warner & Hanna, 1806. Digital version at Google Books (full-view).

Parish History

Parish Records

Websites

References

  1. Calder Loth, The Virginia Landmarks Register (Charlottesville, Va.: The University Press of Virginia, 1999), 144.
  2. Butterwood United Methodist Church, National Park Service.
  3. Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).