Bear River Stake, Utah LDS Church Wards and BranchesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This page includes the boundaries of wards and branches as of about 1941, a timeline history, and how to obtain the records.
Source for this page
Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 49-50
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
Church Units and Boundaries, 1941
Northeastern part of Box Elder County, Utah, in Bear River Valley, also called Bear River Flat. Headquarters at Garland, Utah.
- North: Malad Stake, Idaho
- South: Box Elder Stake, Utah
- East: the Wasatch Mountains
- West: Curlew Stake, Idaho
Bear River Stake, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches:
Beaver Ward, see Beaverdam · Bothwell · Centerdale Branch, see Howell · Deweyville · East Garland, see Garland · Elwood · Fielding · Garland · Howell · Penrose · Plymouth · Riverside (village) · Thatcher · Tremonton ·
Obtain the Records
- List of Template:FHLCAuthorLDSStakesBegBear+River+Stake church and other records] for Bear River Stake, Utah at the FamilySearch Library.
- For later records and additional resources, see Church History Library
History Timeline to 1941
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- 1908, October 11. Created from north part of Box Elder Stake, Utah and the south part of Malad Stake, Idaho.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback