Beaver, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
(seo statement and obtain the records. Also boundaries)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[[Utah Church Records]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Experimental County#Church_Records|Beaver County Church Records]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] '''Beaver (town), Utah Wards and Branches'''  
 
[[Utah Church Records]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Experimental County#Church_Records|Beaver County Church Records]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] '''Beaver (town), Utah Wards and Branches'''  
  
In 1940, Beaver Stake contained all wards and branches located in Beaver County. The town of Beaver contained Beaver East and Beaver West wards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
+
See history and obtain records of wards and branches in the town of Beaver for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints . In 1940, Beaver contained two wards: Beaver East and Beaver West. Beaver Stake encompassed all of Beaver County.
  
  
Note: Unless otherwise noted, all information on this page came from Jenson, Andrew. ''Encyclopedic History of the Church''. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941), p 50-54. Online through [http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/BYUIBooks/id/2694 BYU Books.] (Free) Text searchable.  
+
Source of information: Jenson, Andrew. ''Encyclopedic History of the Church''. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941), p 50-54. Online through [http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/BYUIBooks/id/2694 BYU Books.] (Free) Text searchable. Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
  
=== Location ===
+
=== Boundaries ===
  
Town of Beaver, Beaver County, Utah  
+
As of 1940: Town of Beaver, Beaver County, Utah  
 
+
*Beaver East Ward: all of the town east of Telegraph Street.
 
+
*Beaver West Ward: all of the town west of Telegraph Street.
==== Boundaries and neighboring wards, branches  ====
+
  
 
=== History Timeline  ===
 
=== History Timeline  ===
Line 25: Line 24:
  
 
=== Obtain the Records  ===
 
=== Obtain the Records  ===
 +
Records up to about 1948 are available on microfilm through the FamilySearch Library. For later records and additional resources, see Church History Archives.
 +
*{{FHL|Utah, Beaver, Beaver - Church Records|subject|disp=Church records}}{{FHLTopicOnlyLinks}}
  
{{FHL|Utah, Beaver, Beaver - Church Records|subject|disp=Church records}}{{FHLTopicOnlyLinks}}
 
  
 
[[Category:Beaver_County,_Utah]]
 
[[Category:Beaver_County,_Utah]]

Revision as of 22:48, 10 October 2012

Utah Church Records go to Beaver County Church Records go to Beaver (town), Utah Wards and Branches

See history and obtain records of wards and branches in the town of Beaver for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints . In 1940, Beaver contained two wards: Beaver East and Beaver West. Beaver Stake encompassed all of Beaver County.


Source of information: Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941), p 50-54. Online through BYU Books. (Free) Text searchable. Also available through Ancestry.com ($).

Boundaries

As of 1940: Town of Beaver, Beaver County, Utah

  • Beaver East Ward: all of the town east of Telegraph Street.
  • Beaver West Ward: all of the town west of Telegraph Street.

History Timeline

  • 1851, January. Pioneers of Parowan, Utah passed through the valley. After that, most travelers from Salt Lake City passed through here to points south.
  • 1851-1855. Many settlers from Parowan and Cedar City desired to relocate here due to more plentiful water.
  • 1856. A few families were selected from the Parowan Mormon settlement to move to Beaver Valley.
  • 1856, February 10. The Beaver Creek Branch was organized.
  • 1858. A number of settlers came to Beaver Valley when the San Bernardino, California Mormon settlement was broken up.
  • 1869, March 12. Beaver was divided into two wards: Beaver 1st Ward (all of the town West of Telegraph Street) and Beaver 2nd Ward (all of the town East of Telegraph Street).
  • 1891, June 30. 1st and 2nd Wards were merged to make the Beaver Ward.
  • 1905, January 22. Beaver Ward was again divided into Beaver East and Beaver West wards. (Both were still in existence in 1940)

Obtain the Records

Records up to about 1948 are available on microfilm through the FamilySearch Library. For later records and additional resources, see Church History Archives.