Belgium, Antwerp, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Belgium, Antwerp, Civil Registration, 1609-1909 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Belgique, Anvers, registres d’état civil
The collection consists of civil registration of births, marriages and deaths from the Belgian National Archives. The collection also includes marriage proclamations, marriage supplements, and some original indexes. Additional images will be added as they become available.
The events are recorded in Dutch, Flemish or French and cover the years 1609 to 1909.
Record Content and Use
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
For information on the content and use of these records please see the wiki article Belgium, General Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Search the Collection
To search the collection by name fill in your ancestor’s name in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about those in the list to what you already know about your own ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person.
To search the collection image by image
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate "Plaats"
⇒Select the appropriate "Type akte en jaar"
which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image. Again you will need to compare the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor.
Be aware that with either search you may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Dutch, Flemish and French so you will need to be able to understand these written languages. For help with reading the records, see the wiki articles:
You may also want to see the 3 FamilySearch Tutorials on "Reading Dutch Written Records"
- Genver - This website can help simplify getting to the correct location in this collection. (Website is in Dutch.)
- Belgium Ancestry
- World Vital Records - Belgium
Related Wiki Articles
- Belgium Civil Registers
- Belgium, General Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Brabant Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, East Flanders, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Hainaut, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Liège, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Limburg, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Luxembourg, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Namur, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, West Flanders, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Belgium, Antwerp, Civil Registration, 1609-1909
When you copy information from the record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find th record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you do not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched in found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection;
The following citation refers to the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org Historical Records. It may include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Belgium, Antwerp, Civil Registration, 1609-1909." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Rijksarchief te Antwerpen.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News