Belmont County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Belmont County Courthouse
100 W Main Street
Saint Clairsville, OH 43950-1225
Clerk Court has divorce and court records from 1820;
Probate Court has birth, marriage, death and probate records;
County Healt Department has burial records
|Belmont County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||September 7, 1801|
|County Seat||St. Clairsville|
|Address|| Belmont County Courthouse|
101 Main St.
St. Clairsville, Ohio 43950-1224
Belmont County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Jefferson and Washington Counties 7 September 1801.
- County Seat: St. Clairsville
- Neighboring Counties: Belmont County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Monroe (south) · Ohio County, West Virginia (east) · Marshall County, West Virginia (southeast) · Guernsey, Noble (west) · Harrison, Jefferson (north)
See an interactive map of Belmont County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Belmont County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Belmont County.
- - 98th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies B and E
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Belmont County, Ohio. Page 540 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More