Bennington County, Vermont GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Bennington County Courthouse
207 South Street, Bennington, VT 05201-2247
Phone: 802-442-8528 802.447.2700
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records;
County Clerk has divorce records from 1899 and court
records from 1861; Probate Judge has probate records
Towns Organized before 1800:
Created 11 February 1779 from the Colonial lands. 
- Windham County was set off 22 February 1781.
Places / Localities
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Military History and Records
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has North Adams, MA newspapers (1895-1977) covering local news that included Windham County residents.
There are two Bennington County Probate Districts
- Bennington District - Bennington, Glastenbury, Pownal, Readsboro, Searsburg, Shaftsbury, Stamford and Woodford.
- Manchester District - Arlington, Dorset, Landgrove, Manchester, Peru, Rupert, Sandgate, Sunderland and Winhall.
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- The Bennington County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project (backup site)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Bennington County, Vermont. Page 698 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ WorldCat 50140092 ▲ FHL Collection Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed.] (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002)
|This Vermont-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News