Benton County, WashingtonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
620 Market Street
Prosser, WA 99350
- No counties created from the county.
Places / Localities
Washington State Digital Archives has digitized various types of naturalization-related records, including declarations of intentions, delayed birth files, naturalization affidavits, notifications of application for admission to US citizenship, orders fixing naturalization terms, petitions and records, petitions, receipts for certificates of citizenship, record of final decrees of citizenship and record of petitions dockets. Depending on the county, records range from 1854-1988.
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Benton County Birth Records. This database contains the names of people who were born in Benton County from 1905-1907. For FHL entries, 1905-1907, click here.
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Benton County Marriages from 1905 to 1920. This database is an index to marriage certificates filed with the Auditor in Benton County, Washington. For FHL entries, click here.
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
Societies and Libraries
- Tri-City Genealogical Society has an extensive collection of local and regional resources as well as references for other areas. Check their resources page for an updated list of their holdings. They also provide genealogical help at Mid-Columbia Library, have online resources, and conduct local research for a small fee.
- Richland Family History Center located at 1314 Jadwin Ave., Richland WA 99352; phone (509) 946-6637 which houses the collection of the Tri-City Genealogical Society, as well as helpful staff, free family history classes, some online databases, and access to the normal family history center resources.
- Mid-Columbia Library System which has a large amount of books of genealogical value, maps, and many local newspapers on microfilm dating from the late 1800's to the present. In the library there is also access to online fee databases and volunteers from the TCGS.
- Richland Public Library has access to online databases, some books of genealogical value, and the Tri-City Herald on microfilm.
- The Benton County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Benton County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Benton County. (Mirror site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Benton County.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback