Big Horn County, Montana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Big Horn County Courthouse
121 3rd Street West
Hardin, MT 59034
County Clerk has birth, death, naturalization and land records from 1913;
Clerk District Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records
|Fort Smith||Lodge Grass||St. Xavier|
The Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation is about equally divided in land area between Big Horn County and Rosebud County.
For tips on accessing Big Horn County, Montana Genealogy census records online, see: Montana Census.
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers online including Billings newspapers that may have reported on residents of Big Horn County. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 415.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Montana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More