Big Horn County, Wyoming GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Big Horn County, Wyoming is a county in northern Wyoming
|Big Horn County, Wyoming|
Location of Wyoming in the U.S.
|Founded||March 12, 1890|
|Address|| Big Horn County Courthouse|
420 W C Street
Basin, WY 82410
Big Horn County Website
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1896;
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court records from 1896
|Byron||Flitners Corner||Ionia||Meadow Lark Lake||Shell|
For tips on accessing Big Horn County, Wyoming Genealogy census records online, see: Wyoming Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Basin, Belfry, Burlington, Byron, Cody, Cowley, Greybull, Ionia, Lovell, Lovell West and Otto.
The bulk of the probate case files from the 1890's to the 1940's have been transferred to the Wyoming State Archives in Cheyenne. Check their website for additional details.
1,936 marriages from 20 Jan 1897 to 13 Nov 1922 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Basin-Greybull Wyoming Family History Center
- Burlington Wyoming Family History Center
- Lovell Wyoming Family History Center
- The Big Horn WY GenWeb Project, a member of The WYGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- County Clerk
- Lookups (GenWeb)
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 766. Big Horn County, Wyoming
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Wyoming-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News