Birkenes, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Microfilm at theFamily History Library for Birkenes prestegjeld (clerical district). Contains priest and sexton records for Birkenes parish. Was separated from Tveit clerical district in Vest-Agder county in 1905. Parish registers from 1794-1930.
Digitized images of parish registers available online at Digitalarkivet [Digital Archives] (See also Tveit, Vest-Agder)
1660's and 1865 census see Tveit in Vest-Agder County.
- 1701: Manntall 1701 optatt av fogderi, sorenskrivere og sogne prester ifølge kongebrev av 26 Juli 1701. 1701 census for Birkenes is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. The census of 1701 was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. Also includes the residence of all unmarried males living away from home when the census was taken.
- 1801: Folketelling 1 Feb 1801, Norge. This census is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. The 1801 census (b. 32) for Birkenes clerical district includes Birkenes parish. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation.
A typewritten edition with indexes is available on microfiche. It is called "Mikrokortutgåva av 1801-teljina". Also available online at Digital Archives (Digitalarkivet). Birkenes belonged to Tveit clerical district in Vest Agder County in 1801.
- 1875: Folketælling for kongeriget Norge den 31te December 1875. This census is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. This 1875 census contains the persons name, residence, position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information.
- 1900: Folketælling for Norge, 3 Dec 1900. This census is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. This census contains the persons name, sex, resident or temporary resident, temporarily absent and where person is, position in the family, marital status, occupation, year of birth, place of birth, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information. Also available online at Digital Archives (Digitalarkivet).
- 1910: Søk i folketellingen fra 1910. Available online at Digital Archives (Digitalarkivet), as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre at the University of Tromsø in Norway.
1640-1824 Probate records are kept in Nedenes judicial district.
1826-1879 Probate records are kept in Sand judicial district.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback