Bladen County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Bladen County North Carolina genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Bladen County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Bladen County North Carolina
Courthouse Dr P O Box 247
Elizabethtown, NC 28337
reg of Deeds has b & D rec from 1914
m rec from 1893 & land rec from 1734
Clk Sup Ct has div & ct rec from 1893 & pro rec from 1734
1800, 1893--Courthouse fires destroyed most of the court records and several land records.
For tips on accessing Bladen County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Bladen. Established 1756.
- White Marsh. Established about 1765. Later located in Columbus County.
Church of England
- St. Martin's Parish. Established by 1741.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Lewis] Lewis, J.D. My Neck of the Woods: The Lewis Families of Southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina. Little River, S.C.: J.D. Lewis, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 L585Ljd; CD-ROM no. 1036
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Pre-1790 - Pre-1790 Bladen County, North Carolina Genealogy Wills stored at the North Carolina State Archives are online - free. Website tips.
- 1766-1961 - Will Books 1 to 5 (1766-1961) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- 1888-1961 - Bladen County Marriage Index 1888-1961 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
- Bladen County students at NC colleges - list via the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- NCGenWeb: Bladen County - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Bladen County, North Carolina p. 506. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 George Washington Paschal, History of North Carolina Baptists, 2 vols. (1930; reprint, Gallatin, Tenn.: Church History Research and Archives, 1990), 1:319, 327. FHL Book 975.6 K2p 1990.
- ↑ Lemuel Burkitt and Jesse Read, A Concise History of the Kehukee Baptist Association: From Its Original Rise Down to 1808 (1808), Chapter 16. Digital version at St Paul's Seminary website.
- ↑ Robert J. Cain, ed., The Church of England in North Carolina: Documents, 1699-1741 (Raleigh, N.C.: Division of Archives and History, North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources, 1999), 414. FHL Book 975.6 K2cr.
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/4/4d/Iginorthcarolinaa.pdf.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News