Bladen County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Bladen County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Bladen County North Carolina
Courthouse Dr P O Box 247
Elizabethtown, NC 28337
Courthouse burned 1800 & 1893
reg of Deeds has b & D rec from 1914
m rec from 1893 & land rec from 1734
Clk Sup Ct has div & ct rec from 1893 & pro rec from 1734
Bladen County was formed from New Hanover in 1734
1800, 1893--Courthouse fires destroyed most of the court records and several land records.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Lewis] Lewis, J.D. My Neck of the Woods: The Lewis Families of Southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina. Little River, S.C.: J.D. Lewis, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 L585Ljd; CD-ROM no. 1036
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Bladen County students at NC colleges - list via the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- NCGenWeb: Bladen County - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More