Books, Microfilm, Fiche, and CDs at the Family History LibraryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The collection of records in the Family History Library includes over:
- 2.4 million rolls of microfilmed genealogical records;
- 742,000 microfiche;
- 310,000 books, serials, and other formats;
- 4,500 periodicals;
- 700 electronic resources.
Records available are from the:
- United States,
- British Isles,
- Latin America,
Approximately 200 cameras are currently microfilming records in over 45 countries. Records have been filmed in over 110 countries, territories, and possessions.
- In 2003, the collection increased monthly by an average of 4,100 rolls of film, 700 books, and 16 electronic resources.
- A majority of the records contain information about persons who lived before 1930.