Bowling Green Kentucky Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Bowling Green Kentuck Family History Center is a branch facility of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Family History. We have volunteers to assist in learning and expanding family history search for the beginner and the advanced.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Located at the Corner of Cave Mill and Smallhouse Road in Bowling Green Kentucky.
- Enter the Center during our scheduled hours by ringing the bell by the Cave Mill entrance side of the building. The bell is up and left of the glass doors. '(Link to map usingGoogle or other map sites)
Open Hours: Wednesdays 9 am to 5 pm and 6 pm to 8:30 pm. Thursdays: 9 am - Noon.
Holiday Schedule: Closed Thanksgiving Week and the weeks of Christmas and the New Year
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 computers and microfilm readers plus a small library of microfilm on permanent loan of Kentucky Counties records
Staff Research Specialties - Local Kentucy research
Resources in the Local Area
Western Kentucky University is located in Bowling Green and has extensive local research materials.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We love volunteers with home computer experience and willing to learn family research or experienced in family history research. Also looking for those with Spanish background .All who could vlounteer during our scheduled hours please contact Center Director Carol Ann Stott - 781-6382 or by email: KY_BowlingGreen@ldsmail.net.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More