Braxton County, West VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This West Virginia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Braxton County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
300 Main Street
P O Box 486
Sutton, WV 26601
- County Clerk has birth, marriage, death indexes 1853-1886
- Probate and Land Records
- Clerk Circuit Court has Divorce and Court Records
- Braxton County West Virginia Government
See an interactive map of Braxton County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Braxton County, West Virginia census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital versions at U.S. Census Bureau and Google Books et. al. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Virginia, Western District, Braxton County on page 134.]
West Virginia, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
Braxton County, West Virginia Wills 1835-1959
West Virginia Will Books
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cyndi's List for West Virginia
- Braxton County, West Virginia Microfilms at the Library of Virginia
- First Families of Braxton County Families
- Braxton County, West Virginia Wikipedia
- National Register of Historic Places
Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News