Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration, 1848-2013 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Registro Civil do Estado de Mato Grosso, Brasil
These records are in Portuguese. This collection of civil records includes the period of 1890 to 2013 and contains digital images of civil registrations of birth, marriage, and death from civil registry offices (cartórios) in the Mato Grosso State, Brazil. Regularly, the registration of civil records was created in books sequentially numerated preceded by a letter A, B, C, or E according to the type of registry as follows: “A” for births, “B” for Marriages and “B-Aux” for religious marriages with civil effect, “C” for death, and “E” for other type of registry. The records are usually listed in chronological order by the date of registration. The old registry books were handwritten in narrative style, but the newer and current registries are handwritten in formatted records. These records include reliable information for doing family history research after 1888. Additional images will be added to this published collection as they become available.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
- Event date and location
- Presenter's name (usually the father)
- Date, time, and place of birth
- Name of child and gender
- Mother's name
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of witnesses
- Date, place, and time of marriage
- Names of bride and groom
- Groom's birthdate, nationality, civil status, origin and residence
- Names of groom's parents and place of residence
- Bride's birthdate, nationality, civil status and occupation
- Names of bride's parents
- Names of witnesses
- Date and place of registration
- Declarant's name
- Name of deceased
- Birth date of deceased
- Death date, time and place of death
- Age, and nationality of deceased
- Cause of death
- Names of parents of deceased
- Burial place
Search the Collection
To browse this collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "Municipality" category
⇒Select the "Civil Registration Office" category
⇒Select the "Record Type and Years" which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
How to Use the Record
Indexes are available on some of these groups of images. If indexes are available, check these for the name first. Indexes are usually located at the beginning of a group of images or at the end. Find your ancestors name and look for the locator information next to the name (such as page, entry, or certificate number). This will help you find the record you are looking for in the collection.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Portuguese. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
- Information on various municipal records:Cadastro de Serventias Públicas do Estado de Piauí
- How to obtain records on people from Sao Paolo:Certidões de Registro Civil
- General history of Civil Registries in Brazil:O Registro Civil no Brasil
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
== Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections == Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration, 1848-2013
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration, 1889-2012." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Registro Civil. Arquivo Público de Mato Grosso, Cuiabá.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More