Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration, 1890-2011 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Registros Civis do Estado de Matto Grasso, Brasil
This collection of civil records includes the period of 1890-2011 and contains digital images of civil registrations of birth, marriage, and death from civil registry offices (cartórios) in the Matto Grasso State, Brazil. Regularly, the registration of civil records was created in books sequentially numerated preceded by a letter A, B, C, or E according to the type of registry as follows: “A” for births, “B” for Marriages and “B-Aux” for religious marriages with civil effect, “C” for death, and “E” for other type of registry. The civil records of birth, marriage, and deaths are usually listed in chronological order by the date of registration. The old registry books were handwritten in narrative style, but the newer and current registries are handwritten in formatted records. These civil records include a vast of reliable information for doing family history research after 1888. Additional images will be added to this published collection as they become available.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org Historical Records. It may include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Brazil. Several Municipal Offices of the Civil Registry for the Natural People in the State of Matto Grasso. Civil registry, 1890-2011. Corregedor Geral da Justicia, Matto Grasso, Brasil.
Key genealogical facts found in birth records may include:
- Name of parish
- Name of person making the registration
- Date, time, and place of birth
- Name of the child
- Color/race and sex of the child
- Names, residence, and occupation of the parents
- Names and residence of grandparents
- Names of witnesses
Key genealogical facts found in marriage records may include:
- Date, place, and time of marriage
- Names of bride and groom
- Bride and groom place of origin and residence
- Parents’ names, residence, age, and civil status
- Names, age, and residence of the witnesses
Key genealogical facts found in death records may include:
- Date and place of registration
- Name of person making the registration
- Date, time and place of death
- Name of doctor and the cause of death
- Name, sex, age, and race of the deceased
- Name, residence, and occupation of parents
- Burial place
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the “Município”
⇒ Select the “Cartório”
⇒ Select the “Tipo de Registro e Anos” which takes you to the images.
- Cadastro de Serventias Públicas do Estado de Piauí
- Certidões de Registro Civil
- História do Registro Civil do Brasil
- Cartórios e Tabeliães
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
“Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration, 1890-2011," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 19 July 2012), Varzea Grande > 2 Tabeliao > Nacimentos 1977, Ago-1978 Jan > Image 507 of 673, Marcos Andre de Lima, born 28 December 1977; citing Brazil. Several Municipal Offices of the Civil Registry for the Natural People in the State of Matto Grasso. Civil registry, 1890-2011.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News