Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration, 1890-2011 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Registros Civis do Estado de Matto Grasso, Brasil
This collection of civil records includes the period of 1890-2011 and contains digital images of civil registrations of birth, marriage, and death from civil registry offices (cartórios) in the Matto Grasso State, Brazil. Regularly, the registration of civil records was created in books sequentially numerated preceded by a letter A, B, C, or E according to the type of registry as follows: “A” for births, “B” for Marriages and “B-Aux” for religious marriages with civil effect, “C” for death, and “E” for other type of registry. The civil records of birth, marriage, and deaths are usually listed in chronological order by the date of registration. The old registry books were handwritten in narrative style, but the newer and current registries are handwritten in formatted records. These civil records include a vast of reliable information for doing family history research after 1888. Additional images will be added to this published collection as they become available.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Brazil. Several Municipal Offices of the Civil Registry for the Natural People in the State of Matto Grasso. Civil registry, 1890-2011. Corregedor Geral da Justicia, Matto Grasso, Brasil.
Key genealogical facts found in birth records may include:
- Event date and location
- Presenter's name (usually the father)
- Presenter's occupation, origin, wife, marriage location and residence
- Date, time, and place of birth
- Name of child and gender
- Mother's name
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of witnesses
Key genealogical facts found in marriage records may include:
- Date, place, and time of marriage
- Names of bride and groom
- Groom's birthdate
- Groom's age, nationality, civil status, origin and residence
- Names of groom's parents and place of residence
- Bride's age, nationality, civil status and occupation
- Bride and groom place of origin and residence
- Names of bride's parents and place of residence
- Names of witnesses
Key genealogical facts found in death records may include:
- Date and place of registration
- Declarant's name, nationality, civil status and origin
- Declarant's birth date, ID number and residence
- Name of deceased
- Birth date of deceased
- Death date, time and place of death
- Age, nationality, civil status, and origin of deceased
- Cause of death
- Names of parents of deceased
- Names of childen of deceased
- Will information
- Burial place
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the “Município”
⇒ Select the “Cartório”
⇒ Select the “Tipo de Registro e Anos” which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Known Issues with This Collecton
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
- Cadastro de Serventias Públicas do Estado de Piauí
- Certidões de Registro Civil
- História do Registro Civil do Brasil
- Cartórios e Tabeliães
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
“Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration, 1890-2011," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 19 July 2012), Varzea Grande > 2 Tabeliao > Nacimentos 1977, Ago-1978 Jan > Image 507 of 673, Marcos Andre de Lima, born 28 December 1977; citing Brazil. Several Municipal Offices of the Civil Registry for the Natural People in the State of Matto Grasso. Civil registry, 1890-2011.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More