Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: The Event Type and Year Range (Tipo de Registo e Anos - browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #1: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Document 114052, How to use Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
The following is a list of known browse point discrepancies and the correct information:
- Fonseca > São Lourenço is actually the parish of São Lourenço in the Bairro of Fonseca in the city Niterói. The Catalog listing is São Lourenço (Fonseca, Niterói, Rio de Janeiro).
- Fonseca > São Lourenço > Batismos 1848, Ago-1876, Jun should read as Batismos 1871, Ago-1876, Jun.
- Rio de Janeiro > Nossa Senhora de Loreto should be Nossa Senhora do Loreto. The Catalog listing is Nossa Senhora do Loreto (Jacarepaguá, Rio de Janeiro).
- Rio de Janeiro > Nossa Senhora da Candelária > Batismos 1724, Set-1736, Out actually contains Óbitos de escravos 1724-1736. For more information about what records are available, see the Catalog Film Notes for Film 1253329, item 4: Óbitos de escravos 1724-1736.
- Rio de Janeiro > Santíssimo Sacramento > Batismos 1811, Jan-1817 actually contain records for Santa Rita Parish, Centro, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro. For more information about what records are available, see the Catalog Film Notes for Film: 1253760, Item 1: Batismos 1811-1817.
- Rio de Janeiro > Santíssimo Sacramento > Batismos 1860, Out-1868, Ago AND Batismos 1868, Ago-1875, Jun are actually Matrimonios with same year spans.
- Rio de Janeiro > Santíssimo Sacramento > Batismos, matrimônios, óbitos 1874, Out-1940, Jan starts with the year 1887.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- IIf searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Catholic Church Records, 1616-1980 > Fonseca > São Lourenço > Batismos 1848, Ago-1876, Jun > Image 7 of 101.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Catholic Church Records, 1616-1980 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 9 June 2014, at 21:55.
- This page has been accessed 185 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback