Brevard County, FloridaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Brevard County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||January 6, 1844|
Brevard County Courthouse
400 S Street
Titusville, FL 32780
Formerly St. Lucie County Name changed to Brevard 6 Jan 1855
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records from 1868,
land records from 1871, divorce and court records from 1879,
probate records from 1917 and military discharge records from 1919;
County Health Department Superintendent has death rec from 1985
and birth records; some records prior to 1885 destroyed
1844--Brevard County was created from Mosquito County and was first called St. Lucie. It was renamed to Brevard County 6 January 1855. Mosquito County was renamed to Orange County in 1845.
County seat: Titusville 
Some records prior to 1885 have been destroyed.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Brevard County, Florida census records online, see: Florida Census.
The 1885 Florida State Population Census includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture, manufacture and mortality.
Societies and Libraries
Brevard Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 1123
Cocoa, FL 32923-1123
Genealogical Society of North Brevard
P.O. Box 897
Titusville, FL 32781-0897
Genealogical Society of South Brevard
P.O. Box 786
Melbourne, FL 32902-0786
Family History Centers
- The USGenWeb Project: The FLGenWeb Project: Brevard County
- Family History Library Catalog
- Brevard County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Brevard County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Brevard County, Florida. Page 133 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback