Bridgeport, ConnecticutEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Other than Black Rock and parts of Brooklawn which were originally part of the Town of Fairfield, Bridgeport was originally a part of the Town of Stratford. The first settlement was made in 1659. It was called Pequonnock until 1695, when its name was changed to Stratfield, because of its location between the already existing towns of Stratford and Fairfield. During the American Revolution it was a center of privateering. In 1800, the borough of Bridgeport was chartered, and in 1821 the township was incorporated. The city was not chartered until 1836.
Archives and Libraries
- History of Bridgeport and vicinity FHL
- Pioneers and patriots of Pequannock, 1639-1799 FHL
- The Price and Lee Co.'s new map of Bridgeport, Connecticut : published for the city directory FHL
- The Price and Lee Co's new map of Bridgeport, Connecticut FHL
Centennial celebrations, etc.
- The story of Bridgeport FHL
Church History and Records
Land and property
Naturalization and citizenship
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News