Bridgewater, MassachusettsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
64 Central Square
Bridgewater, MA 02324
Establishment and former town name(s) 
Archiac name: Duxburrow Plantation, Foords Farm, Hockomock, Ketitcut, Nunketest, Titicut
Section/Villages within the town: Bridgewater Iron Works, Bridgewater Junction, Dublin, Japan, Nippenicket Park, Paper Mill Village, Pratt Town, Scotland, Sprague's Hill, Stanley (former R.R. station), State Farm, Titicut.
Boundary Changes 
3 June 1662: Certain land granted Bridgewater
1 June 1675: Boundary line established, Court ordered "... to Run the line between Bridgewater and Middlebury". (Plymouth Colony Records, Vol. XI, page 241)
11 February 1691: Lands betweetn Bridgewater and Weymouth, called "Foords Farms", and parts adjacent annexed
10 June 1712: Part included in the new town of Abington.
20 November 1770: Part of Stoughton annexed.
8 February 1798: Part of Stoughton annexed.
15 June 1821: Part established as North Bridgewater.
16 February 1822: Part established as West Bridgewater.
14 June 1823: Part established as East Bridgewater.
20 February 1820: Part annexed to Halifax.
23 February 1823: Bounds between Bridgewater and East Bridgewater established.
20 March 1838: Bounds between Bridgewater and East Bridgewater established and part of each town annexed to the other town.
21 April 1931: Bounds between Bridgewater and East Bridgewater established.
Cemeteries (off page, due to long list)
Church History and Records
- Unspecified Church
- First Congregational (United Church of Christ)
- North Congregational
Land and Deeds Records
Military History and Records
Social Life and Customs
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Historical data relating to counties, cities, and towns in Massachusetts (Boston, Massachusetts : New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1997), [FHL book 974.4 H2h 1997].