Bristol County, Rhode Island GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Bristol County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Named for: Bristol, England|
There is no county government. Government level is at town and state levels.
Records are kept at town level. Research at town level.
Places / Localities
The preceding list of places includes incorporated cities and towns, unincorporated towns and communities, and place names that may have been used in family histories. Some have well-organized records and even have web sites. Some are simply social communities with no official records, but which may be referenced in small-town newspapers. The list is provided to help researchers identify localities within the county. As records or histories of these localities are identified, a page will be added for each of these place names.
Archives and Libraries
- History of Asylums Genealogy Trails
Church History and Records
- Sowams: with ancient records of Sowams and parts adjacent; illustrated. Warren is current name for Sowams. FHL Collection
Land and Property
Military History and Records
- Newspaper account, 1823 Genealogy Trails
World War I
- Awards of Distinguished Service Cross Medal Genealogy Trails
World War II
- Army Enlistments A-L Genealogy Trails
- Army Enlistments M-Z Genealogy Trails
- Honor List of Dead and Missing and Army Air Force Personnel Genealogy Trails
- List of Military personnel who died from hostile action, including missing and captured, 1950-1957 Genealogy Trails
- Casualties, Including Missing and Captured Declared Dead, 1957-1995 Genealogy Trails
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- The Bristol County RIGenWeb Project, part of The RIGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project back up site
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Bristol County.