Bristol County, Rhode Island GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Bristol County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Named for: Bristol, England|
There is no county government. Government level is at town and state levels.
Records are kept at town level. Research at town level.
Places / Localities
The preceding list of places includes incorporated cities and towns, unincorporated towns and communities, and place names that may have been used in family histories. Some have well-organized records and even have web sites. Some are simply social communities with no official records, but which may be referenced in small-town newspapers. The list is provided to help researchers identify localities within the county. As records or histories of these localities are identified, a page will be added for each of these place names.
Archives and Libraries
- History of Asylums Genealogy Trails
Church History and Records
- RI Bristol County Rootsweb (subscription required)
- Genealogy Queries Cousinconnect
- Bristol County Message Board Rootsweb/Ancestry Login required to post
- GenForum Login required to post
- Sowams: with ancient records of Sowams and parts adjacent; illustrated. Warren is current name for Sowams. FHL Collection
Land and Property
Military History and Records
- Newspaper account, 1823 Genealogy Trails
World War I
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Ancestry ($)
- Awards of Distinguished Service Cross Medal Genealogy Trails
World War II
- Army Enlistments A-L Genealogy Trails
- Army Enlistments M-Z Genealogy Trails
- Honor List of Dead and Missing and Army Air Force Personnel Genealogy Trails
- Honor List of Dead and Missing and Army Air Force Personnel Access Genealogy
- List of Military personnel who died from hostile action, including missing and captured, 1950-1957 Genealogy Trails
- Casualties, Including Missing and Captured Declared Dead, 1957-1995 Genealogy Trails
- Marriage Announcements Genealogy Trails
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Genealogy Trails
- The Bristol County RIGenWeb Project, part of The RIGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project back up site
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Bristol County.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News