British Columbia Vital RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Official registration of births, marriages, and deaths began in 1872. The early records are incomplete.
For additional information about vital records in Canada, including research strategies, see Canada Vital Records.
British Columbia information can be found at:
- Vital Statistics Agency
- 818 Fort Street
- Victoria, BC V8W 1H8
- Telephone: 250–952–2681; Fax: 250–952–2587
- Mailing Address:
- P.O. Box 9657
- STN. PROV. GOVT.
- Victoria, BC V8W 9P3
- Internet: www.vs.gov.bc.ca
- Vancouver Public Library
- 350 W. Georgia St.
- Vancouver, BC V6B 6B1
- Telephone: 604–331–3740 (newspapers, magazines)
- Telephone: 604–331–3710 (history, government, genealogy)
- Fax: 604–331–3744
- Internet: http://www.vpl.vancouver.bc.ca/
- An index is available on the Internet: http://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca:9000/sn-4BA3024/gbsearch
Family History Library
Many births, marriages, and deaths are listed in the Master Index Card File, British Columbia Family History Library films 1464497–501.) Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1986–7. The original records were filmed at the British Columbia Genealogical Society, Richmond, BC.
The following links provide further information:
- FamilySearch Record Search Births 1854-1903
- Online Index of Births, 1872-1903
- Online Index to Baptisms, 1836-1885
- FamilySearch Record Search Marriages 1859-1932
- Online Index of Colonial Marriages, 1859-1872
- Online Index of Marriages, 1872-1930
- Online Index of Deaths, 1872-1985
- FamilySearch Record Search Deaths 1872-1986
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback