Brown County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1855--Brown County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Hiawatha 
The Kickapoo Indian Reservation is located within the boundaries of Brown County.
Early migration routes to and from Brown County, Kansas for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Brown County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback