Brown County, Minnesota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Brown County Courthouse
14 South State Street
New Ulm, MN 56073
Phone: 507-233-6600 (Administration Department)
County Recorder has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1857 and land records.
Clerk District Court has divorce and probate records from 1856
and court records from 1885.
Minnesota Historical Society
- 1855--Brown County was created 20 February 1855 from Blue Earth County. County seat: New Ulm 
- For a brief history of how Brown County was named, click here. Then select Brown County.
Albin Township | Bashaw Township | Burnstown Township | Cottonwood Township | Eden Township | Home Township | Lake Hanska Township | Leavenworth Township | Linden Township | Milford Township | Mulligan Township | North Star Township | Prairieville Township | Sigel Township | Stark Township | Stately Township
Civil War service men from Faribault County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are many companies or regiments that were formed from men of Faribault County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Company L.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies G and M.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Brown County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Brown County GenWeb
- Cyndi's List: Brown County
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Brown County, Minnesota page 362, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).